By using the Service, you agree to the terms below. The most recent version of these terms will be available at http://api.votesmart.org/docs/terms.html.
Use of the Service
- Individual use of the API is restricted to members of Project Vote Smart. Business or Organizational use of the API is subject to fees described on this page: http://votesmart.org/share/api/register.
- Project Vote Smart does not permit the use of its name or programs, including this Service and any data therein, in any campaign activity, including advertising, debates, and speeches.
- In using the service, attribution to Project Vote Smart is not required but appreciated. Attribution or the appearance of attribution to another party for the Service and data provided is not permitted.
- Contact and basic usage information is required for access to the Service, both in registration for access and continued access. In using the Service, you agree that the registration information you provide will be correct and kept current.
- All calls to the Project Vote Smart API must reference the API Key issued to you as an approved licensee. Your API Key is yours alone and may not be shared, transferred, or sublicensed to a third party.
- You agree that you will not access or attempt to access the Service other than through the interface provided.
Provisions of the Service
- Project Vote Smart reserves the right to limit and/or stop the Service at its sole discretion.
- For violating any of these Terms, your access to the Service may be disabled or permanently revoked. If your access is revoked, you shall immediately remove all Project Vote Smart content.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. PROJECT VOTE SMART EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM PROJECT VOTE SMART SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS OF SERVICE.
Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT PROJECT VOTE SMART SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.